WELCOME TO DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGY
The Department of geology was established in the year 1984. It provides teaching facilities for B. Sc. Geology with subject combinations PCG, CGM, and CBG. The department introduced UGC Sanctioned Career Oriented Add on course: Certificate, Diploma in “Groundwater exploration” under Hydrogeology.
The Department offers Consultancy services in Groundwater Exploration, Water analysis and Geotechnical Investigations.
Ten Students have been awarded Ph.D. under the Supervision of Staff of this college by SGBAU Amravati University and RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur.
The Department undertakes different activities every year under the banner of Geological Society. Primary monitoring is that of Guest lectures, Field Excursion, Visit to Different Organizations and magazine competition etc. They provide counseling and guidance for further studies and various competitive examinations to the interested students. They allot assignments; Projects and Seminar to the students based on topics related to geology. Students are encouraged to participate in these activities so as to help them to build their personality. The former Head of the department was Dr.Sunil P Khadse. Other earlier heads were Dr. K.C Shah, Dr. D.B Malpe and Mr. Nikhade.
Geology involves the study of following disciplines: Introduction to Geology, Mineralogy, Physical Geology, General Geology, Optical mineralogy, Crystallography, Igneous Petrology, Sedimentary Petrology, Metamorphic Petrology, Paleontology, Structural Geology, Economic Geology, Indian Stratigraphy, Elements of Remote Sensing, Environmental Geology, Elementary Hydrogeology, Geomorphology.
- Geology museum.
- 2D, 3D crystallographic structures, geological wooden models, charts-maps, aerial photographs-satellite imageries.
- National/ International Journals, Geological magazines, exceptional quality Field excursion reports.
- UGC sponsored COC courses in Groundwater Exploration.
- Audio-visual laboratory.
- Departmental field excursion and Institutional visits.
- MCQ type Class tests for IIT JAM exam preparation.
- Providing E-library and B.Sc geology study material through Google drive platform.
- Providing IIT JAM examination questions with solved answer and reasoning from 2005 till date.
|Sr no. ||Programme name ||Degree/ diploma/ certificate ||Aided/ self-financed ||Year of starting ||Intake
||B. Sc course
||FY-74, SY-76, TY-69
||Certificate in Hydrogeology
||Diploma in Hydrogeology